Hold summer season meals easy with MIO recipes | Meals & Cooking4 min read
It’s summer season in Oklahoma, which signifies that “broiling” normally refers to how one feels after spending slightly an excessive amount of time open air.
When the temperature is routinely within the triple digits, the considered standing over a scorching range or grill, or firing up the oven is one thing that may give one pause. To that finish, the Made in Oklahoma Coalition has provide you with some summertime treats that promise to ship quite a lot of native taste with a minimal of labor.
For instance, kabobs made with chunks of steak seasoned with easy marinade and skewered with onions and domestically grown mushrooms from J-M Farms could make for a easy, but elegant entree — and the portion measurement signifies that it doesn’t take all that lengthy to grill.
If one goes to bake one thing through the summer season months, the outcomes should be value each the warmth and the energy. Contemplate the Solid Iron Cookie Cake, with preparation simplified through the use of Southern Roots Sisters Chocolate Chip Cookie Combine, and topped with a buttercream icing that makes use of Braum’s dairy merchandise.
Individuals are additionally studying…
For a style of barbecue with no lick of flame, there’s the Barbecue Bacon Ranch Cheeseball, which incorporates all of the smoky, savory flavors related to barbecue in a cool snack, due to Head Nation Barbecue Seasoning.
For extra data on MIO Coalition members, together with the place to buy their merchandise: miocoalition.com.
Southern Roots Sisters Solid Iron Cookie Cake
1 bundle Southern Roots Sisters Chocolate Chip Cookie Combine
1 teaspoon Griffin’s Vanilla
4 tablespoons Braum’s Unsalted Butter, room temperature
½ teaspoon Griffin’s Vanilla
1-3 teaspoons Braum’s Milk, as wanted
1. To make cookie cake: Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Comply with directions on Southern Roots Sisters Cookie Combine to arrange cookie dough.
2. Pat dough right into a cast- iron skillet, urgent down evenly along with your fingers or rubber spatula till smoothed evenly throughout.
3. Bake 20 minutes or till the highest is simply barely golden brown. Don’t over bake — it would nonetheless be very delicate once you pull it out however will harden because it cools. Enable to chill for half-hour earlier than icing.
4. To make icing: Utilizing a hand mixer, combine collectively softened butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon at a time of milk. Mix till easy, including milk as wanted till desired consistency. Add meals coloring if desired, and use piping bag to use.
Head Nation BBQ Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
3 tablespoons Hiland Bitter Cream
1-ounce bundle ranch seasoning
1½ teaspoons Head Nation Championship Seasoning
1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 slices Bar-S Bacon, cooked and chopped
¹⁄³ cup chopped parsley
²⁄³ cup Knight Creek Farms Pecans, chopped
1. Add cream cheese, bitter cream, ranch seasoning and Head Nation Seasoning to a big mixing bowl. Stir till mixed. Add shredded cheeses, half of the bacon and all however 3 tablespoons of the parsley (put aside the remaining for later). Stir this combination till completely mixed.
2. Kind the cheese combination right into a ball and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a number of hours or in a single day, till agency.
3. Make the outer coating simply earlier than serving. Mix pecans, remaining half of the bacon and remaining parsley to a bowl. Stir to mix. Unfold out on a plate or flat floor.
4. Roll the cheese ball within the combination, being certain to coat your complete outdoors. Press the coating in effectively in order that it sticks. Serve instantly or cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate till able to serve.
J-M Farms Grilled Steak, Mushroom and Onion Kabobs
³⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold Outdated Fashion Mustard
1 tablespoon minced Scissortail Farms Rosemary
Freshly floor black pepper, to style
18 ounces Oklahoma beef (high sirloin works effectively), lower into 24 cubes
8 ounces J-M Farms Child Portabella Mushrooms, halved
1 massive yellow onion, sliced into 12 wedges
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and rosemary into a big bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add steak to bowl, mixing to coat. Cowl with plastic wrap, and switch to fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Soak 12 picket skewers in water (or use metallic skewers). To assemble, add steak, mushroom and onion, leaving house between every. Proceed till all 12 skewers are full.
4. Prepare dinner on a scorching out of doors grill. Or, warmth a nonstick grill pan over medium-high warmth. Add skewers, being cautious to not crowd the pan. Do that in batches. Prepare dinner for about 3 minutes, after which flip skewers. Proceed cooking for an extra 2-3 minutes or till beef is cooked to your most popular doneness. Switch to serving plate, and garnish with rosemary.