Buffalo Rooster Bowls with Cauliflower Garlic Rice Recipe6 min read
This put up is sponsored by ALDI
Please think about this:
- Spicy-puckery buffalo hen, grilled to juicy perfection.
- Served over fluffy rice speckled with roasted cauliflower bits and herbs.
- Topped with a freshy-fresh little cucumber and tomato state of affairs.
- Dolloped with a spoonful of creamy dill dip.
- And hungry you, at lunchtime, with this thrilling little container of taste fireworks awaiting you.
I imply, come on! It’s juicy, spicy, and funky and crunchy and nearly comforting all on the similar time. And the truth that that is an all-around feel-good with large taste and a yummy mixture of protein and fiber and carbs…
That is the vitality we’re bringing into the month of September.
Contemporary, clear, large and daring, and simply typically ON IT.
In This Put up: Every part You Want For Buffalo Rooster Bowls
If You’re Not Already, You Ought to Be Buying At ALDI
Right here’s the deal. ALDI is a very essential a part of our weekly grocery state of affairs at house for 2 causes: 1) the merchandise are good – like, GOOD good, and sometimes natural! and a couple of) it saves us cash.
We get so a lot of our fundamentals from ALDI each week:
- natural entire milk
- natural produce
- natural grains
- natural yogurt
And if you happen to’re not already procuring there, I simply suppose that as we get into the autumn instances with again to high school, making extra common grocery journeys, getting again on the meal planning practice, and so forth. – you’re going to need to be performing some weekly stock-ups.
Try this put up of 21 Issues You Ought to Completely Be Shopping for at ALDI to get you began if you happen to’re undecided. Or DM me on Instagram and I’ll ship you the detailed receipts of all my weekly Instacart orders to ALDI so you possibly can see what I’ve been mowing down on each week. (Kidding, form of?)
Every part you want for this recipe could be discovered at ALDI – yay! – and a number of the featured objects could be their Merely Nature Natural Skinny Sliced Rooster Breast Fillets (love you can purchase them already thinly sliced!), their frozen Season’s Alternative Riced Cauliflower, their contemporary tomatoes and cucumbers, their Park Avenue Deli Dill Dip, and their Merely Nature Natural White Rice.
How To Make Buffalo Rooster
There’s lots of buffalo hen on the earth. This buffalo hen is:
- Marinated and grilled, not breaded and fried
- Tremendous tremendous straightforward
- Full of taste
- Additional juicy
- Golden and exquisite
- Versatile and may go along with nearly every part.
To make the hen, simply marinate it with some pantry fundamentals… after which grill it.
And if you happen to’re like me you possibly can simply use a grill pan proper in your range and keep away from the precise grill which isn’t exhausting however generally simply feels exhausting, know what I imply?
Marinate and inside-grill. Best. Ever.
I want the thinly reduce hen breasts as a result of they cook dinner extra rapidly and evenly.
How To Make Cauliflower Garlic Rice
This may really deserve its personal put up afterward as a result of it’s one in every of my new favourite methods to rice.
It’s actually a hybrid common rice and cauliflower rice:
- You cook dinner the rice.
- You roast the cauliflower rice.
- And then you definitely mix the 2.
They actually do want one another, ya know? Like plain white rice by itself doesn’t have sufficient zazz, and cauliflower rice by itself leaves you somewhat carb-sad. So roasting the cauliflower rice to pay attention the flavour and get somewhat crispy browned texture, after which tossing it in with the common rice to assist it’s extra yummy and fascinating? It’s SUCH a win. Half veg, half carb, all-around texture and taste winner.
Each time I make this rice, Bjork raves about it and my children are throughout it.
How To Retailer This Buffalo Rooster
The hen and the rice will retailer fantastically collectively within the fridge for a few days.
The veggies will prep effectively, too! However they need to simply keep in their very own container in order that they don’t need to be heated up if you reheat the person parts.
I’d advocate storing the rice and hen in particular person containers, after which simply preserving a aspect container in your toppers (the contemporary veg and the dip).
Talking Of Toppings
The dill dip is what I used right here – as a result of I’m a sucker for the dill dip at ALDI. (Okay, high-quality, all their dips.)
However any retailer purchased sauce you want that has some form of creaminess could be nice. Even simply… ranch? For those who needed to go the selfmade route I really feel like both this magic inexperienced sauce or this jalapeño ranch could be actually, actually good.
All of that is weirdly getting me form of excited for that September back-to-everything rush. Is that this allowed? Can we be excited to pack up our little lunches and eat buffalo hen and garlic cauliflower rice? As a result of that’s the place I’m at.
Buffalo Rooster Bowls: Incessantly Requested Questions
Retailer the hen and rice collectively within the container, and the tomatoes, cucumber, and dill dip separate. After you’ve warmed the hen and rice, add the remainder of it on prime!
By itself, the hen has a little bit of a kick! However when mixed with every part else, it actually tones it down. For those who’re involved about it being too spicy, be at liberty to cut back the quantity of scorching sauce.
The last word meal prep: Buffalo Rooster Bowls! Spicy buffalo hen, a fluffy rice and cauliflower rice combo, contemporary tomatoes and cucumbers, and a dollop of creamy dill dip.
For the Rooster:
- 1 lb. Merely Nature Natural Skinny Sliced Rooster Breast Fillets, pounded or reduce in half lengthwise so they’re flat and skinny
- 1/4 cup Burman’s Scorching Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Specifically Chosen Uncooked Honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper to style
For the Rice:
- 1 cup Merely Nature Natural White Rice
- 1 package deal Season’s Alternative Riced Cauliflower
- 1–2 tablespoons of Merely Nature Natural Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- salt to style
For the Cucumber Salad:
- Marinate Rooster: Place hen, buffalo sauce, honey, garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, and black pepper in a bowl or bag. Place within the fridge to marinate for Half-hour to 2 hours.
- Cook dinner Rice: Cook dinner rice in keeping with package deal instructions.
- Roast Cauliflower: Place cauliflower rice on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 20-Half-hour till partially browned and somewhat roasty. Add roasted cauliflower rice to cooked rice. (Non-compulsory: season with garlic powder, lemon juice, parsley, or parmesan.)
- Cook dinner Rooster: Warmth a grill pan over excessive warmth. Add somewhat olive oil if wanted, then add the marinated hen items, discarding additional marinade. Cook dinner for a couple of minutes on both sides till good and browned, and not pink on the within. Take away from the pan and let relaxation for a couple of minutes.
- Serve: Slice hen and serve with a scoop of cauliflower rice. Prime with sliced cucumber and tomato and a dollop of dill dip or ranch dressing. Yum!
Vitamin word: Vitamin label doesn’t embrace dip or dressing.
If you wish to make this as a meal prep recipe in particular person containers, simply package deal the rice and hen collectively. Preserve the cucumber, tomato, and dip separate, and add them after you warmth up the person servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: Half-hour
- Class: Lunch
- Technique: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: buffalo hen, meal prep bowls, meal prep buffalo hen, cauliflower rice bowls, wholesome lunch, wholesome meal prep
Thanks to ALDI for sponsoring this recipe!